Existing use of IP protocol 114 (any 0-hop protocol)

The authors of https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zhu-intarea-gma-03.txt would like to use IP protocol 114 as it is described as “Any 0-hop protocol” on the IANA page[1]. Alas, on the IANA page, there is no reference to this “Any 0-hop protocol”.

Obviously, we all understand that this must be a protocol using hop limit = 0 (or TTL=0 for the legacy protocol).

When there is no reference for a IANA number, this means that this number was assigned _before_ IANA, possibly by J. Postel and nobody at IANA and in the IESG know more. Hence, my questions to the community:

Q1) does anyone know about a more formal reference / specification for this protocol 114

Q2) does anyone know about a RFC or a protocol using this protocol 114 ?