Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 2:56 PM John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, I think there is an argument for keeping procedural RFCs
> and "everything else" on ietf@xxxxxxxx. I'm not sure how easy
> it would be to do that.

Actually, Rob, what I think I've observed is that the really
long, tedious, threads on which many people have opinions and
feel a need to express them multiple times are typically about
procedural issues, with many, if not most, derived from
documents in Last Call.  So maybe three lists rather than two or
maybe we should push the procedural and administrative
discussions off into an "ietf-procedures" list and keep the
technical discussions and Last Calls on the IETF one.

I don't think it matters which list is which, but I do think the spirit of the proposal is to keep both the procedural ratholes (like this one...) and the catch-all/backstop/everything-else discussions away from the technical last-call traffic.

thanks,
Rob