Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

On 15-Sep-19 01:20, John C Klensin wrote:
> I have had the impression that, despite dropouts due to volume
> on the list and other factors, the vast majority of active IETF
> participants (those who were contributing to focused technical
> mailings lists such as WG ones and/or coming to meetings and
> participating in technical work) were still on the IETF list.

I wonder if we could change from an impression to some data?

For example:

(A) How many people* are subscribed to ietf@ ?

(B) How many people are eligible under the current NomCom rule?

(C) How many people are "active" in some other sense (e.g. have sent mail to *any* IETF list in the past year)?

How many people are in (A) only, in (A) & (B), in (A) & (C), in (B) or (C) but not (A)?

We coud add

(D) How many people are subscribed to ietf-announce@

* people = distinct email addresses excluding the + construct.

These data exist if someone in the Secretariat could extract them.

Regards
    Brian