Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

I don't follow this reasoning, John: it's already the case that many
IETF participants don't subscribe to the IETF discussion list, and
subscribing to it is not in any way a requirement.  Lots of people opt
out and do not think they're opting out of participation in IETF
consensus.  Last-call announcements go to ietf-announce and are
visible to people who subscribe to that, and not to this.  Last-call
discussions are often copied to the working group, as well.

If anything, separating the lists might *increase* the number of
people who explicitly subscribe to last-call discussions (but who
don't want to deal with the high volume on this list).

Barry