Re: [rfc-i] IAB Seeks Feedback on Independent Submissions Editor

Mike, (but also addressing John):

On 14/09/2019 00:51, Mike StJohns wrote:
> If Adrian will be reappointed regardless of the result of the review,
> then there’s no obvious reason for gathering review material
> between now and the expiration of the new appointment period.
Huh? Gathering, anonymising and providing feedback seems
like a fairly obvious and entirely normal reason to me.
Doing that every couple of years regardless of whatever
else is going on also seems entirely unremarkable to me
too.

Honestly folks - those of you suspicious of the IAB and
all our doings don't need to be quite so concerned. It
is just not the case that everything the IAB does is
shrouded in one of scheming or ineptitude;-) I say that
as an IAB member who does think the IAB has variously
messed up recently.

I can say that there have been no IAB discussions at
all that I could see leading to any chance whatsoever
that we cause the same kind of bad outcome as happened
with the RSE.

Does that help assuage any suspicions or worries?

Cheers,
S.