Re: [rfc-i] Try this: was Re: New proposal/New SOW comment period

It sounds like you disagree with the IAB / RSOC's decision to hire someone who would be responsible for some aspects of the RSE role but not for all such aspects. If you do not believe the IAB / RSOC has the right / responsibility / permissions needed to do that, then it would seem we have a more basic problem than Mike's rewrite of the SoW. (I have lots of disagreements with recent RSOC decisions. This happens to be one where I think the IAB and the RSOC have made the best of a bad set of choices.)

Yours,
Joel

On 9/10/2019 6:08 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
>Even if one disagrees with the content of RFC 6635 (which we probably all do, in different ways), there are other, non-Informational documents that specify how to replace it with something that has community consensus.  And this ain’t it.

Agree.  We have a process/mechanism. One of the worst things we could do is ignore it because “this time it’s different”