Re: lastcall@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019, at 22:48, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Sep 4, 2019, at 4:36 AM, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, IESG is actively working on this. Stay tuned.

It would be nice if it were the case that one could be assured that if new business were brought up on the IETF mailing list, that people who unsubscribed from it could be notified somehow that such a discussion was occurring.  Otherwise we still have to be subscribed to ietf@.   At present I think a lot of people who should be involved in such discussions aren’t because ietf@ is so noisy.   I think that to do this well requires human effort, and that it would be generally beneficial to the IETF if someone were responsible for this and had the resources to actually do it.

Speaking as somebody who's getting their drama fix (sorry Netflix), I wouldn't unsubscribe freom ietf@ - I'd just have the two lists filed into separate folders in a more reliable way than subject matching, and hence be able to give the right amount of attention to each without having to pre-triage.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx