Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-11

Hi Mike,

On 28/08/2019 02:51, Michael StJohns wrote:

> I'm wondering if that's more a question of education of the end user
> rather than the availability of an implementation.  I got curious and
> googled TCP-AO implementations  and got
>
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/ncs5500/security/b-ncs5500-system-security-cli-reference/b-ncs5500-system-security-cli-reference_chapter_010.html#wp2845038086
>

> and
>
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/bgp-authentication.html
>
> so at least for BGP there appears to be actual shipping code that
> includes TCP-AO as one of its security pillars.

Yep, IIUC there are some implementations but no real deployment.
I think part of that was due to a lack of implementation on some
systems, not sure of the details though. And some people were
also I think trying to improve that implementation situation, so
maybe they've made progress which'd be great. Even so, whenever
I've spoken with router people they always seem to consider
TCP-AO as mythical security.

Cheers,
S.