Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-11

Hiya,

On 27/08/2019 23:41, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> You had me at the mention of beer.

That's a deal then:-)

> Actually, that would be a useful conversation both in a PCE context
> and in a wider SDN context. (Always said that the SDN architecture
> was missing a bit of security work).
>
> I'd also love us to have some clarity about TCP-AO. It's like we were
> all told we must use TCP-AO in our protocol specifications as the
> silver bullet, and now the shiny outer layer has tarnished a bit. But
> that is worthy of a separate thread.

Yeah. TCP-AO is a fine thing and would've solved some problems
had it been deployed but I guess reality chose otherwise and it
has now been 9 years so maybe it's time to call that one. But I
guess that's a question that the esteemed routing and sec ADs
can figure out. I think the main downside of text such as is in
this draft is that some RFC readers may waste effort on it for
no benefit so it seems a bit of a disservice for us to keep on
pretending. OTOH, maybe all the relevant implementers already
know to ignore it already. (Or ignore all crypto stuff all the
time;-)

BTW - I'd still love to know if TLS is as fictional as TCP-AO
for PCEP:-)

Cheers,
S.