Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05.txt> (The IETF-ISOC Relationship) to Informational RFC

Hi,

Sorry for the top post, but I'm on my mobile. I'm writing as ISOC staff.

I am not an author or editor of the draft, so I'm not really in a position to state why the text is as it is. But I don't anyway see where the text includes any internal policy. Maybe you could say more. I similarly don't understand the blurring of the bright line, so perhaps you could say how.

I am struggling, also, to understand what the possible issue in the future could be. So I just don't know what there is to clarify about the IPR rules..

Finally, yes, some ethical standards are obviously contextual. My lawyer and my physician each have duties to me, but they are different duties.

It seems as though there is some implicit model you have in mind of some threat or problem here, but I can't understand what it is by implication. Perhaps you could state it plainly?

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
President & CEO of the Internet Society
Please excuse my clumbsy thums