Re: Errata Processing Stats/Queue?

On Aug 6, 2019, at 14:48, Fernando Gont <fgont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Skimming through some of the errata, some areas seem to have technical
> errata in their "Reported" Queue for over 5 years.

Here is one more data point I forgot to mention:

There is at least one standard by another SDO that references an RFC **together with some unhandled errata report** to describe how they are using and interpreting the RFC.

I can’t remember where I saw this (sorry for not reporting it then), but I remember sitting there with an open mouth for a while.  In particular since the errata report seemed wrong at the time to me.  But I also thought we can’t blame the SDO; errata reports are presented in a quasi-official way by the RFC editor even before they are verified.

TL;DR: Unhandled errata reports do hurt.

Grüße, Carsten