Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-07.txt> (Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in Internet-Drafts and RFCs) to Best Current Practice

Note: I just noticed this work for the first time, and I don't follow netmod. But I find the subject interesting and relevant, so I took a look at it. I have a couple of comments/concerns:

1) Section 6.2 recommends only using double backslash folding if single backslash folding doesn't work. But all the examples in section 9 violate this.

2) Regarding forced folding in section 8.2.1: step 1 (Determine where the fold will occur) could benefit from some elaboration regarding lines that require forced folding. In particular, when an input line flagged for forced folding ends in backslash, then it must indeed be folded before the last character, while in all other cases it can be folded at any position prior to the max line length. (While this is obvious if you think about it, some might miss this.)

Also, there should be examples of forced folding.

	Thanks,
	Paul