Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

On Jul 27, 2019, at 9:56 PM, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why does it matter at all why people are attending?

If there were people who attended solely for the purpose of being employed as someone who attends, that would probably have implications that would be incompatible with people who attend because they are trying to solve a problem.   But in a sense this isn’t likely to matter much—clearly quite a few of us have managed either intentionally or through momentum to continue to attend for quite a long time.   So are we professional conference attendees?   Only our employers could really say with any confidence.  :)