Re: RFC Series Editor (RSE) Statement of Work

On 7/25/19, 3:52 PM, "ietf on behalf of John Wroclawski" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of jtw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>    The basic gestalt of a search committee process is to find the best person in the world for a job, whether or not that person would have otherwise applied, or even whether they had any idea beforehand that the job existed and they’d be good at it.
>    The basic mindset of an RFP process is to pick the best person that applies.
>    I think the IETF wants option one.

[JL] If this is the case, I wonder if it much matters to the community whether the role is an employee (full or part time) or a contractor (full or part time)? Or whether that might be left open-ended to depend upon the particulars of the country in which someone resides or their other commitments & preferences. IIRC, Sean Turner raised this question perhaps six months ago - which of course predated the current situation (so views may have changed).

Jason