Re: seeking clarification - closing statement at the IAB open mic.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 3:44 PM Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ted,

> On Jul 26, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ….
>
> I think there are three basic choices or, possibly, two choices with a 2a and 2b.  The first is to continue the discussion before recruiting a new RSE.  As Leslie pointed out, that needs to be time bounded, in order to avoid a long consensus process causing the position to be vacant for some time.  The second is to issue an RFP on approximately the same time frame that was already announced.  One option within that (2a) is to

As several people have said, “issuing an RFP” is not the right way to hire a new RSE.  It needs to be a targeted search.

I'm not sure what you think the difference is here.  "Issuing an RFP" doesn't mean "throwing it out in the universe and waiting until bids come in".

--Richard