seeking clarification - closing statement at the IAB open mic.

Ted,

Having had a chance to review the instant replay, I have a question about your statement.

https://youtu.be/ti2iE0jBL0s?t=9839

I have a strong belief at
this point that one of the key risks
that Heather articulated was that if the
ball gets dropped during this period of
transition in the format there may be a
set of issues that makes it even more
difficult to bring somebody in
afterwards as a result of that I think
the most likely result here even though
there were very clear articulations for
why we might want to wait until further
community discussion occurred that we
will probably say that having the
ability to overlap with Heather is
probably an overriding concern but
that's the the reflection that we'll go
to the lists for further discussion

Is this your opinion?

Is it a statement as IAB chair. Is it direction to the RSOC? Is it representative of IAB consensus?

It is not mentioned in the reflections email.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/ietf/?gbt=1&index=7g0pp1chSl1zdZEeG_IVOgJA50g

I interpret that statement in light of the thread:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/_Le5BN-GsJA-424DHbcFupgZHAA

I would therefore pose a question.

Are we in your opinion choosing between appointing an interim RSE and issuing another solicitation based on the current  RFC 6635 model or some a yet unstated model which has a completion time in this calendar year?

Can you articulate how we install an RSE by or prior to Singapore such that overlap with the current RSE is achieved?

Thanks

joel