Re: Reflections on last night’s IAB open mic

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 25, 2019, at 2:20 PM, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

As noted in a previous mail, the RSOC is concurrently asking for comments from the community on a Statement Of Work (SOW) for a potential Request For Proposal (RFP).  The comments in the room last night seemed largely supportive of recruiting an RSE who could assist with the community consensus process and the RFC format transition, though there were a few speakers whose contributions suggested a preference for waiting and different ideas about how to conduct the recruitment process.  The IAB and RSOC will assess the state of that discussion again when the comment period for the SOW has ended.

My sense of the room was quite different and since we didn’t take a hum I think it’s premature to try to determine consensus.
I feel personally that we should not move forward with a hiring until we address some of the structural concerns

2 cents

- Lucy

Once again, thanks to each of you for the contributions last night, and we ask that you continue the discussion on rfc-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,