Re: [IETF LLC] Report Ahead of IETF-105

Hi,

> On Jul 25, 2019, at 5:21 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear LLC,
> At 10:34 AM 22-07-2019, IETF Administration LLC Board of Directors Chair wrote:
>> The magic number is 134! Read on to see what I mean. ;-)
>
> I read that.
>
> During yesterday's plenary, there was a question from Mr Hinden about the budget.  If I am not mistaken, there is an 18% increase in total expenses between 2018 and 2020.  I did not understand the explanation which was provided as a response to the question.  Could the explanation be a bit clearer?

To clarify, I was comparing the 2019 IETF LLC budget from:

https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/IETF_2019_Budget_Public_2018-12-19.pdf

with the 2018 IAOC budget:

https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/2018Budget.pdf

The total expense line in 2018 was $7,029,599 vs. $8,672,193 for 2019   This shows the expenses rising by $1,642,594.  It appears that having the LLC has significantly increased the IETF's overhead.  The increase is more than the cost running a single IETF meeting.

I asked two questions, why the expenses had increased by so much since the LLC has formed, and why this increase was not disclosed clearly in the LLC's financial reporting.

Bob