Re: RFC Series Editor (RSE) Statement of Work

Hi Richard,
At 06:56 AM 22-07-2019, Richard Barnes wrote:
Sorry to be so horribly prosaic, but I have some practical questions...

[snip]

How should this search committee make its decision? Do you envision them working from some sort of job description, or just "I know it when I see it"?

If I am not mistaken, there is usually a description for this type of search. I am not sure whether there would be agreement on identifying and approaching people who might fit in the position [1] instead of only advertising the position.

RSOC did not respond to my request for information. As a response to the last question in your email, that approach might not be practical for a search committee.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. I used the word "position" to keep it simple.