Re: Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-applicability-13

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your clarification.

I will reflect your comments in the revision as follows:

OLD:
   Thus, the IP address(es) corresponding to the target URL
   needs to be obtained from the certificate in TLS versions prior to
   1.3 [RFC8446] or the Server Name Indication (SNI) in a TCP-session
   packet in TLS.

NEW:
   Thus, the IP address(es) corresponding to the target URL
   needs to be obtained from the certificate in TLS versions prior to
   1.3 [RFC8446] or the Server Name Indication (SNI) in a TCP-session
   packet in TLS versions without the encrypted SNI [tls-esni].
   [tls-esni] Rescorla, E., Oku, K., Sullivan, N., and C. Wood,
   "Encrypted Server Name Indication for TLS 1.3",
   draft-ietf-tls-esni-04 (work in progress), July 2019.

Is this change fine to you?

If it is okay to you, I will submit the revised version.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:05 AM Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 01:18:29AM -0400, Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong wrote:
> Hi Tommy,
> I have reflected all your comments on version -14:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-applicability-14
>
> I answer your comments one by one with an attached revision letter.
>
> If you have comments on this revision, please let me know.

I see that in several places the new text refers to "obtained from the
certificate in TLS versions prior to 1.3 [RFC8446] or the Server Name
Indication (SNI) in a TCP-session packet in TLS", but as Tommy attempted to
note, when draft-ietf-tls-esni becomes available, even the SNI value will
be encrypted and not visible to the network.

-Ben

--
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.