Re: Applying "Note Well" to side meetings

On 7/21/19 10:08 AM, Lars Eggert wrote:

by that measure, the Note Well would also start applying to company-internal coordination meetings during the IETF, because they happen in meeting rooms reserved out of the IETF contracted block. Not to mention the various ISOC meeting and/or host presentations that are on the agenda.

I'm not sure where to draw the line.  The hotel can presumably rent space to whomever it wishes, unless its contract with I* states otherwise.

But surely any attempt by an external organization to "blur the line" and make it appear as if their activities are somehow part of IETF, without adhering to IETF rules, is at least acting in bad faith.

For instance, I'd have a serious problem with a private company renting a meeting room at the same venue and time at which IETF meetings were being held, inviting other IETF participants to have conversations there without drawing a clear distinction between the private meeting and IETF, and not adhering to IETF's rules for IPR and other things.

Keith