Re: Applying "Note Well" to side meetings

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 06:17 Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It was my understanding that note well always applied

Same here.

Maybe folks could provide a citation for this?  Because I have exactly the opposite impression — that the Note Well only applies in contexts where it is explicitly stated that it does, e.g., official sessions.

As Adrian says, there is a line.  I understood that line to be something like, “The organizers of the meeting decide to apply Note Well”, just as one might apply the Chatham House Rule.  So side meetings could be covered if they chose, but not by default.

In any case, the premise for this thread seems a bit confused, since side meetings are by definition not subject to IETF control.

—RLB