Re: And a third [was: A couple of opinion pieces]

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 5:12 AM Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To begin with, the current model with IANA is working very well. It is stable, serves IETF well, there’s appropriate amount of IETF control, from my observation point at least the relevant relationships are all good, and from a worldwide perspective the IANA system is in good hands.

The Titanic was working well till it hit the iceberg.

The problem I see is that we have a bunch of nation state actors who think they should have control over the development of Internet standards. And rightly or wrongly, some of those actors see IANA as a control point.

Of course it is easy to dismiss concerns of this type as fear mongering. I did note that not a single one of the people who accused me of fear mongering and attempting to distract with false accusations when I reported that the IRG attacked one of my then employer's affiliates almost a decade ago apologized or even admitted making an error when the attribution was confirmed by Google when they identified an attack on another CA that was actually successful.