Re: On XML and $EDITORs (Re: Things that used to be clear (was ...)) "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 11:49 PM, "lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx" <lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> So, you're rejecting an erratum that points out the need for more IETF support for the Word template,

I’m more than happy to have the template and the pst-processing file copied to the IETF tools page rather than just linked there. I offered that when the RFC was published and would still be glad to do so.

My issue with the errata is that it presumes that URLs in RFCs ever need to be updated or corrected. They do not and should not. Search engines are more than sufficient to address the issue of URL ephemerality - which, FWIW, happens as much (if not more) at large public sites (such as ietf.org and Isi.edu) as privately run sites (such as mine at strayalpha.com).

I apologize if the two issues were not clear in my previous response.

Joe