Re: RSE Bid Process

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 9:12 AM Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Patrick's note is on point.   Unfortunately, figuring out how to fix those relationships,and getting agreement is probably not possible in the next 2-3 months.

While it would be optimal to have a RSE in place in January, I don't think its absolutely necessary. The day to day operational work of making the RFCs flow can be carried out by the RPC. Obviously the remainder of the RSE portfolio is important, but is less operationally crucial day to day. It makes sense to me to get the strategy right before starting a new relationship -- a temporary vacancy is a tolerable cost to pay. This is triple-y so if the community views this as a defacto 6 year arrangement.