Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.

On 7/3/19 4:04 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:

Hi there all,

TL;DR: Being able to mark a specific version of an *Internet Draft* as
“stable” would often be useful. By encoding information in the name
(stable-foo-bar-00) we can do this.

Heather and I will be holding a side meeting at IETF 105 to discuss
the idea and get feedback.
When: Tue, July 23, 3:00pm – 4:30pm
Where: C2 (21st Floor)

It seems to me that this would defeat the entire purpose of Internet-Drafts and serve to circumvent the IETF process.    There should be no expectation of stability until a document has reached IETF-wide consensus.