Re: The RSE's perspective

On Jun 25, 2019, at 5:02 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would say that the premature resignation of a splendid series editor is an incorrect outcome.

I agree; my question was whether the absence of presence of separation of powers was why that had happened.   The reason I was probing on this is that it seemed like a fair amount of the discussion of this has focused on issues that likely didn’t at least directly lead to the resignation.   E.g., although it may have sucked that there was going to be a re-bid, the re-bid wasn’t the core problem that led to this outcome.