Re: RFC Editor model

Hi Spencer,

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 19:14, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> how much the community is willing to consider changing

I’m not sure I read this correctly (is this about the community changing and getting rid of its badness?  Probably more about the community changing the model.), but I have a long-standing observation here:

We appear to be too tinker-happy in this space.

50 years of RFCs is an asset that the IETF can avail itself of.
(I’m definitely not saying “has”, but we can make good use of it.)

What I’ve seen in the last couple of years is a textbook example of action bias.
(For some reason, English Wikipedia doesn’t seem to discuss this concept, so right now I only can offer https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Bias to those are not familiar with the concept.)

Grüße, Carsten