Re: RFC Editor model

On 6/24/2019 4:58 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
On 24/06/2019 20:05, Ted Hardie wrote:
If others agree, the question becomes how to address it.  One option raised
by Sean Turner in the context of IASA2 discussions was making this an
employee position whose term is not limited; there are others as well.
FWIW, personally I don't like that employee idea at all for
reasons discussed on the iasa2 list. At least not with the
current RFC editor model - I think the community would have
to have first reached consensus on an RFC editor model 3 but
maybe that's what you meant.

To echo this - having the RSE as an employee is a terrible idea.   In the US at least, the main difference between an employee and a contractor is that you can tell the contractor what to do (at least within the constraints of the contract SOW), but not how to do it.  An employee can be micromanaged to within an inch of their life.

I don't think I want to have trust future LLC/IAB/RSOC members to understand and honor the need for independence of the RSE process if the RSE were to become an employee,  especially given the current set of issues.

Mike