Re: Rights in early RFCs

You didn't identify you "we" was in your question but, if the
answer is, e.g., the IETF Trust, good luck and this is why we
pay you folks the big bucks.

Yeah, we're trying to see if we can come up with some guidance for other organizations that want to use RFCs, apropos of a request from a SDO in a completely different industry that uses IP protocols in some internal
protocols.

I'm sure you can see why "Jon told me 20 years ago that it was OK" is not going to impress their lawyers, but if that's all we've got, that's all we've got.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY