Re: privacy and IETF meetings in US

Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > On 6/7/19 8:24 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
    >> What I'm suggesting is that regardless of our decision on the
    >> meetings in US, we as IETF consider this as something acceptable?

    > IETF 102 was scheduled to be in SF but moved to Montreal.  I
    > think it's too soon to know what the situation is going to be
    > in 2021.

But, it cost like $160K(%) to cancel, and we should have thought about whether
or not to move IETF111 at the same time.

I want to point out to Klensin and others that the difficulties with getting
a timely VISA to the US started prior to 2016.

(%)-actually, we (ISOC) have a credit that we can spend on a new reservation
    as long as we book prior to August 2020, for something that is
    prior to 2030 or something like that.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-