Re: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

Hi Stephen,
At 05:04 AM 25-05-2019, Stephen Farrell wrote:
No specific briefing no. I'd say a bunch of IAB members are
likely aware of the discussion.

Thanks for the input.

Are you asking the IAB to collectively answer that question?

I'd say that an answer from an IAB member is good enough.

IIUC the "IAB shepherd" thing happens when the IESG ask the
IAB for someone to shepherd a BoF proposal and they've not
asked us in this case that I recall. I don't think it'd be
a good plan if the IAB decided to try muscle in to "shepherd"
things that might or might not turn into a BoF without being
asked by the IESG.

Thanks, Stephen.  That is useful to know.

And FWIW, in this case, even if asked by the IESG, my starting
position would be "no, this isn't something suited for an
IAB shepherd as it's an IETF process related proposal" but
others may have other opinions and I don't feel strongly about
it so I could well be convinced otherwise if the IAB were
asked by the IESG.

I appreciate that you shared your opinion openly. It is not up to me to convince you to change it or ask you to take a strong position.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy