Re: virtual-only wgs?

Hi John,
At 08:29 AM 18-05-2019, John C Klensin wrote:
I think the IESG gave a "yes" answer to that in response to the
discussion of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev and the formation of
the eligibility-discuss WG.  I don't know what Subramanian has
decided (or will decide) to do.  However, a different and
perhaps better answer is that, because a BOF is not prerequisite
to forming a WG, presumably a group of people could hold a
mailing list discussion, reach a conclusion that a WG was needed
and what its scope should be, and then approach appropriate ADs
and simply ask that the WG be chartered.

The scope of the draft is intentionally narrow. The scope of eligibility-discuss is unknown [1]. The IETF Chair mentioned changes to the governance structure in her reply. I'll contact her again as the draft fits within her area.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/S4qJtyNVB0BqGZmKRg_wuZMsKiQ