Re: to pitch or not to pitch virtually, IETF attendance costs

In article <25852.1557871021@localhost> you write:
>I think that WGs need to have virtual interims partway between meetings in
>which to hold presentation-style events where the initial problem statement
>is provided.  This accomodates the "need" to present, while not wasting
>super-expensive meeting time.
>
>This should be at least two weeks prior to draft cut-off date, such that
>revisions and suggestions could go into a draft, and there could be some list
>traffic about the document. ...

This seems like a reasonable idea.  Perhaps a few WG's could just try
it before Montreal, see if it feels like it makes any difference in
which case we could try a more formal experiment.

My informal metric would be the number of hands to who's read the draft.