Re: deprecating Postel's principle - considered harmful - relying on early implementation

[discussion about implementations of TLS and QUIC]

On 5/11/19 11:22 PM, Eric Rescorla wrote:
Of course, this may be a set of conditions which mostly apply to protocols like those on the Web where many of the vendors are able to quickly roll out each
new version. YMMV.

Yes,  I would expect the implementors' motivations to track changes during protocol development to vary considerably from one protocol to another.    I would also expect that implementors' motivations to track such changes during initial protocol development, to be different than their motivations to track changes after initial deployment.