Re: [arch-d] deprecating Postel's principle- considered harmful

Trimmed to retain only one argument Martin made:

On 5/8/19 11:25 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
RFC 1122 is my favourite articulation of the "robustness principle", because it isn't the robustness principle as much as it is just straight up common sense.  But the meme takes a different form.  The meme has the temerity of demanding that I design protocols to it, to the point that a response was necessary.

I have never understood the principle to mean that. I have no idea what the meme means, if anything. If you want to write a document about how the Postel Principle is often misunderstood, and that such misunderstandings cause problems, I would have trouble disagreeing.
But that is not the document you wrote.

Yours,
Joel