Re: Call for Input: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Pradeep Kumar Xplorer

I could say more, but John said what I needed to say, better than I would have.

I find this appropropriate.

Best regards, of course.

Spencer

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 11:39 PM John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Adam,

The necessity for this move saddens me, but I agree with those
who favor this action.   I would add to your list the suggestion
that much of the July 2018 thread on the IETF list that contains
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/fo_yF-u0B7UE0qPGSurPilbGbak
Is off-topic for the IETF (that particular message appears to
call for Android software modifications) and some of those
messages, including
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/zs19Nz1KJmfAmKHPx4pX2hXaYwk
includes claims about person injuries that are even more clearly
off-topic for the IETF.  Continuing that discussion after being
told by several people, both on and off list clearly changes the
S/N ratio on the IETF list in negative directions and is hence
disruptive.

Other messages, while they contain some content that might be
relevant to the IETF, also contain considerable (well over 50%)
content that is irrelevant and, by its nature, disruptive.  See,
for example,
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/FE6vkL_Ego7-DDP-YhjeXn_FCJQ
or
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/Ohn5gHK3SU3HObz_axDzW3lS1qY
where the latter contains even less IETF-relevant material.

My point in mentioning the above is to point out that the
problem behavior has been going on for rather a long time and on
multiple IETF lists.

best,
   john

--On Friday, May 3, 2019 16:08 -0500 Adam Roach