Re: [ipwave] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-34

I presume I am misreading this exchange.
Brian seems to have suggested publishing the I-D under discussion as an RFC, with a warning that implementors should not start implementing because we have not figured out other critical bits that will affect the implementation.

Is that really a useful thing to do?  Why?

If what you want to do is put in a normative reference to the missing bits, put it through the IESG process, and then have it wait at the RFC Editor until the working group finishes the missing bits and the IETF approves them, I would have to ask again, why?

Yours,
Joel