Re: [MMUSIC] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-34

On 4/9/19 12:10 PM, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
The context for this is:

"Attribute scopes in addition to media- and session- specific may also..."

The space was intentional so that there are equivalent constructions for "media" and "session". The intent is as a shorthand for:

"Attribute scopes in addition to media-specific and session-specific may also..."

For what it's worth, Zitao is correct.

RFC 7322 §1:

   The world of technical publishing has generally accepted rules for
   grammar, punctuation, capitalization, sentence length and complexity,
   parallelism, etc.  The RFC Editor generally follows these accepted
   rules as defined by the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) [CMOS]...

CMOS 15th ed §7.89:

"When the second part of a hyphenated _expression_ is omitted, the hyphen is retained, followed by a word space.

"fifteen- and twenty-year mortgages

"Chicago- or Milwaukee-bound passengers"

To avoid confusion I think I'll just change to the latter.

That works too.

/a