Re: I-D Action: how many recalls, was draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-00.txt

Hi Keith,
At 01:44 PM 31-03-2019, Keith Moore wrote:
I also prefer "fair" countermeasures against attacks on IETF - which I would define to mean countermeasures that don't discriminate in favor or against one kind of contributor over another, while still allowing IETF to function effectively.

There is a new version of the draft at https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-01 The last paragraph of Section 2.2 discusses "fair" with respect to RFC 2026.

One of the definitions of "discriminate" (O.E.D) is: "Make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age". What if the IESG discriminates against anyone in one of those categories of participants? That is covered, indirectly, in Section 3.2 of the draft. In my opinion, those procedures could have an impact on allowing the IETF to function effectively. However, that is not what this draft is about.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy