Re: I-D Action: how many recalls, was draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-00.txt

On 3/31/19 7:14 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

p.s. I very much appreciate the massive efforts that have been
made, by very many parties, to make remote participation as
effective as it is now.   (The NOC teams get a special
mention as do the Meetecho folks and also meeting sponsors,
and I'm sure I'm leaving a lot of people out.)
Me too.   But, in a way, we need to accept that the success of
those efforts, moving remote participation from something a
regular f2f participant might use occasionally to get by to an
effective way to actively participate while coming physically to
few or no meetings, require other adjustments.  A lot of that
work has fallen on the tools team, especially Henrik, because
of, e.g., the need to adjust the way agendas are handled, and on
various educational efforts.  The IETF does not, IMO, appreciate
those efforts often enough and clearly enough.   The need to
look at IETF procedures that were originally developed in and
just after the POISED effort of the first half of the 1990s and
occasionally tuned since and address the question of whether
they are appropriate to 2019 reality is also on that list.  From
that standpoint, this effort to tune the recall procedure is
just one such measure.

very much agree.

Keith