Re: Finding the appropriate work stream for draft-nottingham-for-the-users

My personal opinion is that it would be useful for the IETF to state its preference to benefit the users, and to begin with, consider the impacts its technology may have on the various relationships among users, and various other players. Of course, in many cases we are already doing this (and debating it!), but there’s obviously always room for improvement.

I do think though that if the document goes forward, it would be beneficial to rethink the examples. “Network operators and equipment vendors” as the threat picture… doesn’t sound to me like 2019 at all, with all the technology and deployment changes we’ve had in the last few years. How about “large content and application providers”? This seems like a major issue in today’s Internet.

Jari

(No hats)