Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-08.txt> (Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0) to Best Current Practice

Hi SM,

> On Mar 5, 2019, at 12:21 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> At 07:50 AM 3/4/2019, The IESG wrote:
>> The IESG has received a request from the IETF Administrative Support Activity
>> 2 WG (iasa2) to consider the following document: - 'Structure of the IETF
>> Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0'
>>  <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-08.txt> as Best Current Practice
>>
>> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
>> comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
>> ietf@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2019-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
>
> Section 4.7 explains that a reasonable period to respond to a request for review is typically 90 days.  That is a roundabout way to set a standard for "reasonable period".  What is the rationale for setting such a long period to respond?  What prevents it from being used for "OBE”?

The 90 days is just exemplary, which is why it says “typically within."

> In Section 5.2, the role of the Board is defined as being about ensuring that the strategy and conduct of the IETF LLC is consistent with IETF's needs.  What is the meaning of conduct" in there?

I think the dictionary definition, i.e., the manner of carrying out its activities.

> Will the insurance coverage for IETF "decisions-making" be managed by the IETF LLC?

No.

> Why is the LLC given the responsibility to recruit new directors?

This is a responsibility described for board directors, which the working group felt was important to attract candidates.

> What is the meaning of developing the annual budget in an open, transparent and collaborative manner (Section 7.10)?  Will there be a Last Call before the annual budget is approved by the LLC?

The implementation of this is the responsibility of the Executive Director. The IETF LLC budget is not subject to IETF consensus.

Alissa