Re: [104all] Further Clarification Re: IETF 104 Preliminary Agenda

On Feb 25, 2019, at 5:11 PM, Kent Watsen <kent+ietf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With awareness of the urgency, and as opportunity redo the scheduling requests, some chairs may
be able to reduce their request (length and/or number of sessions) and/or eliminate some conflicts.

Hm.   When I was a WG chair, I generally knew how much budget I had on my schedule, and I was always keenly aware of the shortage of meeting time at IETF, and was careful to only ask for as much as I needed.   So it’s hard to see how I would have been able to help.   Perhaps other WG chairs ask for as much time as possible, though, and so perhaps this could have some useful effect.

One thing I noticed in Bangkok was that several of the meetings I attended didn’t use their full time slot, and indeed got larger slots than they asked for.   So mcr’s theory about shorter slots seems valid to me.