Re: Secdir last call review of draft-nottingham-rfc5785bis-08

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 9:58 PM Mark Nottingham <mnot@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18 Feb 2019, at 1:50 pm, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Because, by the time this becomes an RFC, I (the expert of the registry, IESG still willing), will
>> work with IANA to get that set up. Probably during AUTH48.
>
> It would be nice if that were already done, but I'm good with that
> assurance.  Kathleen?

It seemed rash to set up the new process before the document was approved.

I'll leave it up to the current ADs, but having text that says something like:

"The instructions included below are the initial set  to be used by IANA and entered on the registry.  Subsequent updates will be made directly to the registry, therefore that set is considered authoritative."

Would be helpful to avoid confusion.

Best regards,
Kathleen

Cheers,