Re: github is not git, was sr.ht --- "sir hat" --- alternatives to Github

is there an open-source alternative to Clippy?

if there is, bet it requires gnome...

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxx,uk

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:43, Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The charter explicitly calls out Github, rather than the more general
>> git.
> Github is not the same as git.

which is why lloyd is questioning it being cemented in teh charter

> It does all sorts of stuff that a generic git server does not do.

yep, a whole gui.

but, we're say we're flying the open source flag, and github is closed
source owned by a well-known monster monopoly known for bending and
breaking standards (i have to bleeping use exchange in $dayjb) and a
paperclip avatar.

> People use github because they use the features generic servers don't
> have.

there are open source alternatives, e.g. gogs.

randy