important and interesting to get the authors opinion on the production
center, so this part of this I support-

However I guess that most of the document that is edited and handled by
the production center are working group documents. The revision control
for a working group document is with the working group, so I think it
would be equally important and interesting to get the opinions of
Document Shepherds and working group chairs.

/Loa

On 2019-01-16 23:21, Heather Flanagan wrote:
Hello community,

In order to get a better sense of how well the RFC Production Center and Publisher are serving the needs of authors, I would like to start sending out a short survey to authors immediately after the publication of their RFC starting on February 1, 2019. Participation in the survey is entirely optional, but the expectation is that requesting feedback immediately after publication will be more effective than the current process of randomly selecting a percentage of authors who have published in the previous year and asking them to recollect what did and did not work for them.

The proposed questions in the survey are:

 1. Did the editing service provided by the RFC Editor improve the
    quality of your document? [Yes|No]

 2. What one thing would make the editing process easier or more
    effective? [Free form text]

 3. May we contact you to discuss your suggestions or concerns further?
    [Yes|No]

The RSE (me) will review the feedback and include aggregated results in my reports published during IETF meetings. This fits with the expectations of the RSE role as described in RFC 6635 (see Section 2.1.1. "Strategic Leadership and Management of the Publication and Production Functions")

The survey will be handled via SurveyMonkey initially, though this may change in the future if we decide to either take it in-house or use a different service.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this activity, please let me know!

Heather Flanagan, RSE