Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your review.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, at 9:30 AM, Dan Romascanu wrote:
> Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
> Review result: Has Issues
>
> The document extends the Sieve Email Filtering Language [RFC5228] by providing
> a number of action commands, some of which can generate additional messages of
> behalf of the user. It is a clear document, its target being developers and
> users of the protocol. I liked the fact that the authors included a
> 'Compatibility with Other Actions' section that describes the interoperability
> with existing deployed versions of the protocol, as well as the inclusion of a
> temporary section about Implementation Status. I am missing however some
> information about possible impact of the new action commands on deployment and
> operations on servers already in operation. I assume that scalability and
> compatibility between older and newer versions (including or not the new
> defined commands) were assessed, but this is not documented.

As :fcc is controlled by Sieve extension mechanism, Sieve scripts need to be updated before :fcc can be used. This means that either users need to manually update scripts and/or implementations that would use :fcc automatically need to be updated.
So older (nonextended) implementations are not affected by this extension.

Does this help or did I miss the point you are trying to convey?

Thank you,
Alexey