RE: [v6ops] Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-12

> From: v6ops <v6ops-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Christian Huitema
> I am not so sure about 802.1x. The routers could of course support a setting
> like that of the IETF network, and that would have some advantage over
> WPA residential, but it would not address an important threat: local device
> compromised by some virus and engaging in DHCP spoofing. DHCP guard or
> RA guard would still be needed.

802.1X is very widely used in GPON and DSL networks and I haven't heard of it having any issues. I'm not understanding the reference to WPA and local devices, since I think we're talking about the WAN and not the LAN interface here?

> > On Jan 7, 2019, at 2:38 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
> >   Considering that, networks using DHCPv6, depending on their specific
> >   topologies, should consider using authentication mechanisms such as
> >   those based on IEEE-802.1X or access control mechanisms such as DHCP
> >   snooping, DHCP guard, or TR-069, among other possible choices.

TR-069 is a management protocol (that goes over HTTP, using TLS for security), and not an access control mechanism. I suggest it be removed from this list.

Barbara