Re: 2019 IETF LLC Budget Posted

The budget serves the community, not the other way around.  If it's failing in some way, I think it it should be fixed.

FWIW I was chair of the IAOC fiance committee that put together the 2019 budget before it was handed off to the LLC.  Over the last few years of the IAOC we made an effort to have meeting related costs moved out from under non-meeting related activities.  As part of this, the meeting related part of the IRTF budget was moved under meeting expenses and the non-meeting related part was renamed ANRW Support (Although I frankly don't recall the discussion around this change and would need to search my notes for details.)  There were additional breakdowns of the IRTF-specific meeting expenses included in the 2019 budget prep in addition to F&B/Costs, e.g.,  speaker/student comps and other items to be spent under the direction of the IRTF chair.  I'd be surprised if this money isn't still available to the IRTF or that this information isn't part of the passed LLC budget.

Lou